In weighing up the pros and cons of the different real-time PCR platforms
or qPCR machines
for your laboratory, factors to consider include: supported chemistries; multiplex capability for that chemistry; throughput; flexibility; format; easy-of-use and robust software package; reproducibility; speed; size; technical support; customer support and not least the cost, not only of the initial equipment outlay and servicing but also the associated cost of consumables and reagents.
The following qPCR machines
are compared for various features to help you decide which instrument is most suitable for your needs.
read more ...
- Applied Biosystems: ABI 7300, ABI 7500, ABI 7500 Fast, ABI 7900 Fast HT with automation accessory, ABI StepOne
- Roche: LightCycler 480, LightCycler 1.5, LightCycler 2.0
- Stratagene: Mx4000, Mx3000P, Mx3005P
- Cepheid: SmartCycler
- Corbett: Rotor-Gene 6000
- Eppendorf: Mastercycler ep realplex
- BioRad: MiniOpticon, MyiQ, Opticon2, Chromo4, iQ5
- Real-Time PCR: Current Technology and Applications
- Real-Time PCR in Microbiology: From Diagnosis to Characterization
- PCR Troubleshooting: The Essential Guide
- PCR Books
Labels: qPCR, qPCR instruments, qPCR machines, real time PCR machines